How to Make Video Call Using Telegram
In June, video calls became available in the beta version of Telegram on iOS, and now the feature has appeared on Android and macOS. You can only communicate by video link with those who also use the latest beta version of Telegram messenger. Here’s how you can do it.
- First, you need to install the latest beta version of the messenger. At the time of writing, this is Telegram 7.0.0 (20549). You can download it from the App Center website.
- Install the app and log in.
- To make a video call, simply select the contact you want and click on the call icon that is commonly used for voice calls.
You can use camera change buttons, mute, and switch to the image while making a video call.
- To turn the standard Telegram app into beta on macOS, you need to go to the Advanced Settings section and activate the Beta Switch at the very end of the list.
- After the messenger will automatically install a fresh test build and you will be able to make a call through the contact menu.
If you’re using a new Telegram app designed specifically for macOS, you can download the latest beta from the App Center website.
A global release of video calls for all platforms may take place soon. There is no exact date yet.